Vectors of Development of Trade and Economic Cooperation of Ukraine with the Countries of the Middle East and Africa
Doctor of Economic Sciences, assistant professor
Private institution of higher education “International European University”, Kyiv,
Phd in Economic Sciences, assistant professor
Flight Academy of the National Aviation University, Kropyvnytskyi,
Phd in Economic Sciences
Central Ukrainian Institute of Human Development of the Open International University of Human Development “Ukraine”, Kropyvnytskyi
Hutsaliuk O.M., Bondar Іu.A., Sukhachova O.O. Vectors of Development of Trade and Economic Cooperation of Ukraine with the Countries of the Middle East and Africa. Management of Economy: Theory and Practice. Chumachenko’s Annals: collection of scientific papers / Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2021. P. 35-50. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/2221-1187.2021.35-50
The main directions of development of foreign policy relations and trade and economic cooperation of Ukraine with the countries of the Middle East and Africa are considered in the article. In particular, the state of Ukraine’s foreign trade relations with the Middle East and Africa and the directions of their growth are analyzed.
The existing potential for strengthening cooperation in the region has been identified and its main prospects have been outlined. The analysis of the existing institutional system of foreign trade in Ukraine is carried out. that in the conditions of deteriorating economic situation in the world and reduction of indicators of export potential of Ukraine for 2019-2020, it is quite important to form and implement institutional support for the strategy of promoting the development of domestic producers and promoting their products to foreign markets. The main factors that should be taken into account by domestic producers in the process of entering the markets of the Middle East are substantiated. The hierarchy of the purposes of institutional maintenance of foreign trade of Ukraine in the context of cooperation with the countries of the region is offered.
According to the indicators of exports of goods and services to major trading partners for 2018-2020, the formation of export destinations in Ukraine. The growth of exports and the dynamics of Ukraine’s foreign trade, which in turn brings currency to the country, more investment and, most importantly, the fact that the country will become a more competitive country.
The development of bilateral and multilateral relations of Ukraine with the countries of North Africa is considered in the plane of geoeconomic interests of Ukraine. This indicates Ukraine’s interest in the development of trade and economic cooperation, based on the significant potential importance of the markets of these countries for the exit of Ukrainian exporters, as the countries of the region still show significant demand for Ukrainian goods. The preconditions of practical problems of development of foreign economic relations of Ukraine with the countries of the studied region are investigated, namely that recently the geopolitical influence of the last on the world arena has essentially increased.
Prospects for further research in this area are to determine the theoretical and practical prerequisites for creating a strategy to promote the export of goods and services in the markets of the Middle East and Africa.
foreign trade, export, import, trade and economic relations, foreign policy relations, geo-economic interests.
- Alaverdian, L.M., Romanenko, O.V. (2019). Suchasni realii ta perspektyvy rozvytku zovnish-noi torhivli Ukrainy z inshymy krainamy svitu [Modern realities and prospects of foreign trade of Ukraine with other countries]. Efektyvna ekonomika – Efficient economy, 4. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=7005 [in Ukrainian].
- Bondar, Yu.A., Lehinkova, N.I. (2016). Osnovni faktory strukturnykh zrushen mizhnarodnoi torhivli posluhamy v umovakh rozvytku svitovoho hospodarstva [The main factors of structural changes in international trade in services in the development of the world economy]. Skhidna Yevropa: ekonomika, biznes ta upravlinnia – Eastern Europe: Economy, Business and Management, 4. pp. 19-24 [in Ukrainian].
- Borznenko, V., Petrenko, I. (2017). Afryka perspektyvnisha za Sybir [Africa is more promising than Siberia]. Ahrobiznes Sohodni – Agribusiness Today. Retrieved from http://Agro-Business.Com.Ua/Agro/Infrastruktura-Rynku/Item/8280-Afryka-Perspektyvnisha-ZaSybir.Html [in Ukrainian].
- Lytvynenko, O. V. (Ed.). (2020). Blyzkyi Skhid i Pivnichna Afryka yak sfera interesiv Ukrainy [The Middle East and North Africa as a sphere of interests of Ukraine]. Kyiv , NISD. 85 р. [in Ukrainian].
- Blyzkyi Skhid ta Afryka [The Middle East and Africa]. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Retrieved from https://mfa.gov.ua/en/about-ukraine/bilateral-cooperation/nest-africa [in Ukrainian].
- Hutsaliuk, O.M., Cherevatenko, V.A. (2015). Rozvytok mizhnarodnoho biznesu v konteksti mizhnarodnoho menedzhmentu [Development of international business in the context of international management]. Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia: Ekonomika ta pidpryiemnytstvo – State and regions. Series: Economics and Entrepreneurship, 6 (87), pp. 8-13 [in Ukrainian].
- Hennadii Latii. Zona vilnoi torhivli z Yehyptom mohla staty khabom dlia zakhodzhennia na rynky Afryky [The free trade zone with Egypt could become a hub for entering African markets]. UKRINFORM. Retrieved from https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-economy/2296373-gennadij-latijposol-ukraini-v-egipti.html [in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna pidtrymka Ukrainskoho eksportu [State support of Ukrainian exports]. Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrexport.gov.ua/ukr/countries/?ountry=ukr [in Ukrainian].
- Zovnishnia torhivlia Ukrainy z okremymy krainamy (tysiach dolariv SShA) [Ukraine’s foreign trade with individual countries (thousands of US dollars)]. State Fiscal Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://sfs.gov.ua/ms/f1 [in Ukrainian].
- Erman, H. Sontse skhodyt nad Afrykoiu: yak tsei kontynent mozhe vriatuvaty ekonomiku Ukrainy [The sun rises over Africa: how this continent can save Ukraine’s economy]. BBC. Retrieved from https://www.bbc.com/ukrainian/features-44941330 [in Ukrainian].
- Nebaba, N.O., Kolpina, A.H. (2020). Osoblyvosti liberalizatsii torhovelno ekonomichnoho spivrobitnytstva mizh Ukrainoiu ta krainamy Blyzkoho Skhodu [Features of liberalization of trade and economic cooperation between Ukraine and the Middle East]. Ekonomika ta derzhava, 4, pp. 210–214. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32702/2306-6806.2020.4.210 [in Ukrainian].
- Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva zakordonnykh sprav Ukrainy [Official site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine]. Retrieved from https://mfa.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Rybak, I., Babinska, O. Mistse (2020). Ukrainy v systemi mizhnarodnoi torhivli [The place of Ukraine in the system of international trade]. ΛΌHOΣ. Mystetstvo naukovoi dumky – ΛΌГОΣ. The art of scientific thought, 9, pp. 13-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.36074/2617-7064.09.002 [in Ukrainian].
- Ukrainskyi eksport do Afryky [Ukrainian exports to Africa]. BBC data. Nachasi. Retrieved from https://nachasi.com/2018/08/05/ukrayinskyj-eksport-tovariv-do-afryky/ [in Ukrainian].
- Hassan, A.E.A. (2018). Yordaniya ta Ukrayina: osnovni napryamky spivpratsi. [Jordan and Ukraine: the main areas of cooperation]. Science initiative «Universum».
- Bezpartochnyi,, Trushkina, N., Shkrygun, Yu. (2020). E-commerce in the conditions of digitalization of business processes. Strategies, models and technologies of economic systems management in the context of international economic integration: scientific monograph / edited by M. Bezpartochnyi, V. Riashchenko, N. Linde. 2nd ed. Riga, Institute of Economics of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. (pp. 245-256).
- Trushkina, (2018). Trends of the development on the IT-services market in the context of the global information environment. Innovative technologies in the formation and development of human capital: monograph / Edited by I. Ostopolets, P. Mikos. Katowice, Wydawnictwo Wyzszej Szkoly Technicznej Katowice. (pp. 57-66).
Full Text .pdf