Peculiarities of the Development of the Glocalization Process as a Specific Regional Mechanism of Globalization
Phd in Economic Sciences
Scientific Research Center of Industrial Development Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kharkiv
Pavlovska I.G. Peculiarities of the Development of the Glocalization Process as a Specific Regional Mechanism of Globalization. Management of Economy: Theory and Practice. Chumachenko’s Annals: collection of scientific papers / Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2021. P. 164-173. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/2221-1187.2021.164-173
The purpose of the article is to analyze the development of the glocalization process as a result of globalization, to determine its levels and forms. Analyzing, systematizing and summarizing the scientific works of many scientists, the positive and negative manifestations of globalization and post-globalism were considered. It has been proven that these systems did not live up to the hopes placed on them. In this regard, world society was forced to look for new forms of interaction. This led to the use of the next stage of post-globalization – glocalization – an inextricable combination of global and local (regional). As a result of the study, the main points of view on the glocalization process were considered, the main approaches to the research of the glocalization process were presented. It is suggested that glocalization should be understood as a dynamic process of the interaction of the local and the global, when the elimination of global processes to the local level (localization) takes place with the simultaneous exit of local processes to the global level (globalization). The dual nature of glocalization is emphasized and schematically presented. It is proved that the term “glocalization” should be considered as a specific regional mechanism of globalization, which is tied to the development of a certain territory with its characteristic historical, geographical, ethno-cultural and other features. The main elements of the glocalization mechanism are presented, in particular, the goal, object, subject, subject, motive, infrastructure, basis, prerequisites, principles. Together with the hybrid phenomenon of “glocalization”, a number of other terms were considered, which, like glocalization, have an adjacent polarity (quasi-polarity), that is, between globalization and localization, centralization and decentralization, integration and fragmentation: “haord”, “fragmegration”, “regkal” “. A conclusion was made about the relevance of the development of the glocalization process in modern conditions.
globalization, glocalization, integration, post-globalism, hybrid.
- Gay, W. (2008)/ Protsessy globalizatsii i nauka globalistika [Processes of globalization and the science of global studies]. Vek globalizatsii – Age of globalization, No. 1, рр. 23-30 [in Russian].
- Nikolaienko, A. I. (2015). Vplyv hlobalizatsii na efektyvnist rehuliuvannia innovatsiinoi modeli rozvytku [Impact of globalization on the effectiveness of regulation of the innovative development model]. Upravlinnia ekonomikoiu: teoriia ta praktyka. Chumachenkivski chytannia – Management of Economy: Theory and Practice. Chumachenko’s Annals, рр. 208-221. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Kotukov, O. A. (2014). Fenomen hlobalizatsii ta yoho vplyv na suchasne derzhavne upravlinnia [The phenomenon of globalization and its influence on modern public administration]. Aktualni problemy derzhavnoho upravlinnia – Actual problems of public administration, 1, рр. 24-34 [in Ukrainian].
- Peretvorennia nashoho svitu: Poriadok dennyi u sferi staloho rozvytku do 2030 roku [Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development]. Retrieved from https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/library/sustainable-development-report/the-2030-agenda-for-sustainable-development.html [in Ukrainian].
- Gensek OON: v torgovykh voynakh net pobediteley [UN Secretary General: There are no winners in trade wars]. Retrieved from https://news.un.org/ru/story/2019/05/1354952 [in Russian].
- Milanovich, B. (2017). Global’noye neravenstvo. Novyy podkhod dlya epokhi globalizatsii [Global inequality. A new approach for the era of globalization]. Transl. from English D. Shestakova. Moscow, Publishing House of the Gaidar Institute. 336 p. [in Russian].
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2019. Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_AM19_Report.pdf
- Wolf M. Financial crisis tests durability of globalization. Retrieved from http://colinscollege.com/financial-crisis-tests-the-durability-of-globalization/
- «Na poroge XXI veka». Doklad o mirovom razvitii-1999/2000 goda [“On the Threshold of the 21st Century”. World Development Report 1999/2000]. Retrieved from https://issuu.com/worldbank-russia/docs/wdr1999-2000-ru [in Russian].
- Beck, W. (2001). Chto takoye globalizatsiya? Oshibki globalizma – otvety na globalizatsiyu [What is globalization? Mistakes of globalism – responses to globalization]. Moscow, Progress-Tradition. 304 p. [in Russian].
- Doronina, M. S., Mykhailenko, D. H. (2021). Efekt hlokalizatsii v sotsialno-ekonomichnomu rozvytku rehioniv Ukrainy [The effect of glocalization in the socio-economic development of the regions of Ukraine]. Konkurentospromozhnist ta innovatsii: problemy nauky ta praktyky [Competitiveness and innovations: problems of science and practice] : Proceedings of the International Scientific and Practical Internet Conference, (рр. 186-189). Kharkiv, FOP Liburkina L.M. [in Ukrainian].
- Lishchynskyi, I.O. (2018). Hlokalizatsiia, frahmentatsiia ta alternatyvni vizii vnutrishnikh heopolitychnykh superechnostei [Glocalization, fragmentation and alternative visions of internal geopolitical contradictions]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu – Scientific Bulletin of the Uzhhorod National University, Issue 22, part. 2, рр. 77-81 [in Ukrainian].
- Li Tianqi. (2017). Kontseptual’nyye osnovy razvitiya glokalizatsii kak reaktsii na protsess globalizatsii [Conceptual foundations for the development of glocalization as a reaction to the process of globalization]. Azimut nauchnykh issledovaniy: ekonomika i upravleniye – Azimuth of scientific research: economics and management, No. 3(20), Vol. 6, рр. 244-246 [in Russian].
- Roudometof, V. (2016). Theorizing glocalization: Three interpretations. European Journal of Social Theory, Vol. 19(3), рр. 391-408. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1368431015605443
Full Text .pdf