Safety Management of Aviation Transport in the Context of Sustainable Development of the National Economy
Doctor of Economic Sciences, assistant professor
Private institution of higher education “International European University”, Kyiv,
Phd in Economic Sciences, assistant professor
Flight Academy of the National Aviation University, Kropyvnytskyi
Hutsaliuk O.M., Bondar Iu.A. Safety Management of Aviation Transport in the Context of Sustainable Development of the National Economy. Management of Economy: Theory and Practice. Chumachenko’s Annals: collection of scientific papers / Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2020. P. 82-94. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/2221-1187.2020.82-94
The article discusses the impact of a wide range of technical, natural, human and economic hazards on the aviation industry. The safety of aviation as a whole is characterized as an important component of the general concept of national security, as well as a component of the system for ensuring personal safety, public safety and security in air transport from external and internal threats.
It is noted that maintaining an acceptable level of safety of national aviation, the development of theoretical foundations for the safety of aviation transport management is of current and practical importance for the sustainable development of not only a separate transport infrastructure, but also the national and global economy.
The article investigates «security» and methods of its management, «activity security policy», which is aimed at countering threats, restoring activities in order to protect corporate interests, preserving the integrity of processes or a system based on the assimilation and development of a safety culture. At the same time, in the studies, these types of threats include individual elements that can be used in almost any air transport. In particular, the importance of external threats and destabilizing factors and threats is highlighted.
A structured approach to safety management is indicated at the global, regional and national levels, including: the required organizational structures, areas of responsibility, policies and procedures.
The characteristics of the main goals of the safety management of the aviation transport enterprise are considered, the ideal goals and potential ones are highlighted, and also touched the degree of reach of such goals. Determined that the objectives of enterprise safety management, as well as the objectives of enterprise management as a whole, must meet a set of requirements, the obligation to comply with which is the key to the success of such management.
Information on the ICAO Civil Aviation Security Strategy has been processed, which is considered the most effective tool to ensure an acceptable level of security in global civil aviation. According to which the implementation of the aviation safety management system is regulated at three hierarchical levels – global, regional and national, and the aviation safety management system represents an orderly approach to management.
control system, security, air transport, safe management, security policy.
- Bondar, Yu.A. (2018). Ekonomichna bezpeka pidpryiemstva yak chynnyk efektyvnoho upravlinnia [Economic security of the enterprise as a factor of effective management]. Realities and prospects of building the rule of law in Ukraine and the world: Proceedings International Scientific-Practical Conf., (рр. 132-136). Sumy [in Ukrainian].
- Bugayko, D. О., Kharazishvili, Y. M. (2020). Theoretical foundations of the aviation industry strategic safety management in the context of ensuring sustainable development of the national economy. Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, 1 (38), рр. 166-175. doi: https://doi.org/10.37405/1729-7206.2020.1(38).166-175 [in Ukrainian].
- Global Aviation Safety Plan for 2020-2022. ICAO. 137 р.
- Global Air Navigation Plan (Doc 9750). (2016). 5th edition. Montreal ICAO. 142 р.
- Kuzmenko. А. Problemy vidpovidnosti stratehii ta systemy zabezpechennia bezpeky Ukrainy natsionalnym potrebam [Problems of compliance of the strategy and system of security of Ukraine with national needs]. Retrieved from http://www.justinian.com.ua/article.php?id=2432 [in Ukrainian].
- Ladiko, I.Yu., Sumtsov, V.G. (2004). Obshchiy menedzhment: uchebnoye posobiye [General management: a tutorial]. Luhansk, SNU. 278 p. [in Russian].
- Lipkan, V.A. (2003). Bezpekoznavstvo [Security]. Kyiv, European University. 208 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Mashkin, V.I. Menedzhment kachestva i kachestvo menedzhmenta [Quality management and quality management]. Retrieved from http://quality.eup.ru/MATERIALY9/pokm.htm [in Russian].
- Otenko, I.P. (2006). Modeli vybora i soglasovaniya tseley razvitiya predpriyatiya [Models of choice and coordination of the goals of enterprise development]. Strategicheskoye upravleniye potentsialom predpriyatiya – Strategic management of enterprise potential: scientific publication, (pp. 144-158). Kharkіv, Publishing house KhNEU [in Russian].
- Prilozheniye 19 k Konventsii o mezhdunarodnoy organizatsii grazhdanskoy aviatsii. «Upravleniye bezopasnost’yu poletov» [Appendix 19 to the Convention on the International Civil Aviation Organization. «Safety Management»]. Retrieved from http://caa.gov.by/uploads/files/ICAO-Pr19-ru-izd-2-2016.pdf [in Russian].
- Franchuk, V.I., Prygunov, P.Ya., Melnyk, S.I. (2017). Bezpekova diialnist: systemnyi pidkhid [Security activities: a systematic approach]. Naukovyi visnyk Lvivskoho derzhavnoho universytetu vnutrishnikh sprav. seriia ekonomichna – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv State University of Internal Affairs. economic series, Issue 1, pp. 154-163. [in Ukrainian].
- Resolution adopted by the General Assembly (UN) on 25 September 2015 A/RES/70/1. Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Nikolaiev, К., Isaienko, V., Karaieva, N., Levchenko, L. (2017). Emerging risks for sustainable development. Paradygmat zrуwnoważonego rozwoju w świecie nieprzewidywalnych przemian: monografia. (рр. 27-42). Lwowski Uniwersytet Narodowy im. Iwana Franki, Lwуw Olsztyn.
Full Text .pdf