Scoring is an expert method for predicting the credit capacity of social assets
Olkhovska Oksana L.
Phd in Economic;
Donbass State Engineering Academy
Olkhovska O.L., Chuguevtsev A.Yu. Scoring is an expert method for predicting the credit capacity of social assets. Management of Economy: Theory and Practice. Chumachenko’s Annals: collection of scientific papers / Institute of Industrial Economics of the NAS of Ukraine. Kyiv, 2019. P. 171-177. DOI: https://doi.org/10.37405/2221-1187.2019.171-177
The article defines that modern approaches to solving the credit issue, while minimizing the risk of possible losses, need to introduce new effective risk management principles and computer decision support systems. The construction of such systems involves the development and use of a variety of alternative methods for analyzing data, alternative models and relevant criteria for analyzing the quality of models and the final result – the probability of non-return of credit. It has been proven that the use of the scoring model as one of the main risk management tools of credit operations is recognized worldwide as one of the most effective. In modern foreign banking practice, when building a scoring system, most often, such client characteristics are taken into account: the number of children, marital status, income, telephone availability, and the period of cooperation with the bank. In recent years, scoring systems have become widespread in the activities of domestic banks.
credit scoring, scoring model, creditworthiness of individuals, bank accountant, post-manager, credit scoring technology.
- Vovk V.Ya., Khmelenko O.V. (2008). Kredytuvannia i kontrol [Lending and control]. Kyiv, Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Kristiohlo H.M. (2007). Vykorystannia skorynhovykh modelei v umovakh nevyznachenosti ta ryzyku spozhyvchoho kredytuvannia [Use of scoring models in conditions of uncertainty and risk of consumer lending]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini – Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 7(74), рр. 86–90 [in Ukrainian].
- Polozhennia pro poriadok formuvannia ta vykorystannia bankamy Ukrainy rezerviv dlia vidshkoduvannia mozhlyvykh vtrat za aktyvnymy bankivskymy operatsiiamy: Postanova Pravlinnia Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy vid 25.01.2012 r. № 23 [Regulations on the procedure for formation and use by banks of Ukraine of reserves for compensation of possible losses on active banking operations: Resolution of the Board of the National Bank of Ukraine of January 25, 2012 № 23]. Retrieved from http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0231-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Prokhorova Yu.V., Kalmykova O.A. (2012). Problemy otsinky kredytospromozhnosti pozychalnyka v Ukraini ta shliakhy yikh podolannia [Problems of assessing the creditworthiness of the borrower in Ukraine and ways to overcome them]. Ekonomika i upravleniye – Economics and Management, 3, рр. 145-147 [in Ukrainian].
- Rymar S. (2010). Spozhyvchyi kredyt – pidvyshchennia zhyttievoho rivnia spozhyvachiv [Consumer credit – raising the living standards of consumers]. Bankivska sprava – Banking, 4, рр. 16 – 20 [in Ukrainian].
- Rabyko I.N. (2018). Metodika otsenki upravleniya strategicheskim riskom banka [Methodology for assessing strategic risk management of a bank]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic Herald of the Donbas, 2 (52), рр. 84-88 [in Russian].
- Osnovni pokaznyky diialnosti bankiv Ukrainy [The main indicators of the banks of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=36807 [in Ukrainian].
- Buchko I. Ye. (2013). Skorynh yak metod znyzhennia kredytnoho ryzyku banku [Scoring as a method of reducing credit risk of the bank]. Visnyk universytetu bankivskoi spravy Natsionalnoho banku Ukrainy – Bulletin of the University of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine, 2 (17), рр. 178-182. Retrieved from http://www.irbis-nbuv.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
Full Text .pdf